02/05/2011

Going Live - Release


Over the last few days I have been busy getting my two books ready for release on Kindle; yesterday, I took the big step of uploading the books onto Kindle. In regards to formatting, I followed the steps laid out in an earlier post. I still had a few problems with the title page, but otherwise the process was as simple as I could have hoped for.

It takes a couple of days for Amazon to approve the books and actually publish them, but that does not lessen the high I have experienced since clicking the Publish button. I am under no illusions as to how hard it is going to be to attract readers, but the mere fact that the books have now been released into the infinite realm of the World Wide Web is pretty darn exciting.

As you can see, I have now added separate pages for the two books. Over the next few posts, I will be uploading extracts of both books.

There will also be a big post discussing marketing in the near future. There are endless avenues to pursue in trying to capture a reader's attention so I will try and make better sense of which tools are most effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment